I am not a violent or confrontational person... like, at all. So when something makes me want to reach across, say, a Wal-Mart check-out counter and strangle someone, you know it's a big deal.
I went to Frankfort today to shop with my mom. I got some really cute tops and some odds and ends for the apartment. She needed to go to good ol Wally World, so we headed that way. While there, she picked up the Twilight Soundtrack. While checking out, the woman behind the counter held up the cd and said "You know they are coming out with the second part to this in two months." Mom and I looked at eachother with very confused expressions.
Strike #1.
I kindly corrected her saying the second part does not come out until November. She... argued... with... me. Unbelievable. I then told her that the DVD comes out at the end of this month. She said "oh, maybe that's it." Nah duh. Then she goes on saying that "they could have done better with that Edwin guy."
Strike #2 and #3 at the same time. Apparently she's that good.
Mom and I both say "Say what?" simultaneously. She says "yeah, when you read the book he is really hot, and that guy they picked to play him is not hot at all. They could have picked someone else."
Hell... no. She did NOT just go there! I wanted to scream at her that she was absolutely insane. She obviously had NO clue what she was talking about because she said his name wrong. Seriously, what kind of Twilight fan screws up "Edward." I simply said, "No...he's hot." and walked away. For evidence just give the previous post a peep. The nerve of some people! I bet she hasn't even seen the movie. What are your thoughts?
March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So totally agree with you! What. A. Nerve.!!!
Edwin...It cracked me up! I think sitting at home it was easy to laugh at this but may be my reaction to this would have been similar to your if it had happened to me!
Thanks for the compliment about the layout!
Secondly thanks for understanding! :-) You always knew that I didn't like the books as much as the film... But in the book I liked the way Edward and Emmet set up Ben and Angela :-D LOL
Yeah I am gonna hunt for the ballet flats as soon as we have the temperature to wear it...
I just hope that after snow there is no slippery ground (after the snow melts!)
Post a Comment