May 1, 2009

Weird Week

I just realized that I hadn't posted since Monday. I guess I'm slacking again.... I'll just blame in on senioritis :)

This week is affectionately (...or not) known as dead week to UK students. It's the last week of classes, and we are supposed to have a very light load. Usually, though, we call it "the week you wish your dead" because there is way too much crap to take care of. Lucky for me, it was actually a decent dead week, and I didn't do much.

However, yesterday was the start of a very weird end-of-the-week. The bestie and I had a presentation on a research project we did together. I will spare you the details... it wasn't very interesting. That was fine, but afterward we were walking to the structure, when I got the double-honk-and-nod. Some guy in a white van tapped his horn, nodded at me once then drove off. I am going to assume that he thought I was someone else, because otherwise it's kind of weird. The weirdness continued today while walking to work. I was just walking, minding my own business, when I heard footsteps behind me rushing to catch up with me. I turn to see who it was, and it was one of my professors. He recognized me from behind..... I'm not sure how to respond to that. Even weirder, he walked and talked with me all the way to Kastle Hall. I guess that is normal to him. He has talked to me, gone to his office, then came back out to talk to me some more before, so this shouldn't freak me out I guess... So I don't know. What do you think? I am probably just reading too much into it, mainly because otherwise I was getting run into and ignored like I was invisible. Just a weird weird week.

5 comments:

Allie said...

The end of the school year is definitely weird like that. Graduation has definitely not sunk in for me yet--I'll probably be halfway through the summer before I realize I'm not going to be on campus again next year.

Gotta love the last week of classes! It's definitely not known as 'dead' week, up here, but (maybe because it's a catholic school? lol) 'hell' week. Each class had an 'end of semester' assignment, in ADDITION to their obnoxious final next week. At least my birthday is the day after finals end! :-)

Brahmin in Boston said...

LOL!It was a very weird week for me too - as you could see from my blog!

The one that cracked me up was the double honk and nod thing. It happens to me too... random persons passing by me on the street will smile so widely that I will be wondering all day who she/he was!!

Ooooh the prof thing would have scared me out! I was also accustomed to being invisible and when a teacher or Prof would ask me something I would look totally blank...!

Brahmin in Boston said...

Hey! Good to know that you too have been following the site :-) Partners in crime LOL!

But if you see the recent comments for Taylor and Selena & Robert's new film discussion, you will see the nasty comments - that just upsets me...

Young Traveler said...

Hey Kristy. Hmmm...yeah, Professors are weird sometimes.

Brahmin in Boston said...

Believe me you will be!

*fingers crossed*

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena