November 11, 2009

*Smiles*

OK, so first I want you to know I am feeling TONS better. Second, sorry for yesterday's downer post!!!

So what is making me feels TONS better? I knew you were going to ask that! It's like ESP or something :)

After cursing at my computer/desk/chair/lamp/office today, I really really really wanted to quit my job. I was/am miserable there, and I figure I job that is dreaded is not a good one to have. I know of a person or two who are so desperate for jobs that they would gladly take this one off my hands (which is great because I can't just quit... I have to find and train a replacement!). The only problem is that I need the money.

(Yeah, remember back a while ago when I said something about wanting to be "independent" and "pay my own bills"? Why didn't someone smack me?)

So I have been racking my brain trying to come up with another way to make money that would make me happy. Then it hit me! My summer job with the state was a temp position. Temp positions have flexible hours..... so yeah. I'm going to call my old boss tomorrow and see if they need me. I figured I can work Mondays and Thursdays since I do not have class until 4, so I could work 8-2 (It takes approximately 40 minutes to get between Frankfort and Lexington, and I want to have plenty of time for traffic and getting my stuff together, etc.). I can also work all day on Fridays since I do not have class. This job is great because I can work, but take breaks when needed. If I have nothing to do, they don't care if I read or study. It is the only job I have had that I never wanted to quit.

(well, you know, except for the occasional moments, and those were strictly circumstantial)

(like when the scanner would decide to jam 3/4 of a way through scanning a 200 page double-sided document and I would have to start over... but like I said.. strictly circumstantial)

If this works, I can quit my current job and end up making a ton more money. Plus, when the semester is over in roughly 5 weeks, I will not have to worry about a job over break. Also (it just keeps getting better doesn't it?) if I do not land a TA position for the spring, I will have a back-up job. I can't really see any negatives to this except for talking to my current bosses. That will suck. But other than that, it's all rainbows and sunshine! hahaha

I also started going back to church today. I didn't realize how much I missed it! I'm just hoping this good mood can last! I have a couple of papers to write tonight, so I need to keep riding this energy for a few more hours!

P.S. This time next week, I will be headed out to the movie theater to watch New Moon!!!! SQUEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Yay that you feel better!

That is a fantastic idea. I hope you get that job :-) It is very rare to find a job that you would never want to quit.

I totally know what you mean when you wrote about the copy machine fiasco.

Oh my my I am already waiting for next week! My friends are going to arrive on Thursday and I will be taking a day off on Friday. Movie time is on Saturday! I bet we both will be squealing and blogging!!

P.S. I am SO going to post that in the bathroom stalls!!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena