January 19, 2010

Registry, Games, and Memory-Loss

You may be wondering why I didn't update with THE plan yesterday. Welp, here's why. I forgot about the ww meeting last night. I guess I wrote it off due to the holiday and just assumed there would not be a meeting. I was wrong. I will probably go tomorrow, so I'll let you know then :)

On to more positive news, Matthew and I started our registry yesterday. Now, I am NOT one of those brides obsessed with the gifts. I would actually prefer to not do a registry at all, but it makes things easier on the guests. I hate asking for things, etc, and I'm not marrying him for the gifts. Regardless, it was kind of fun. We went to Bed Bath and Beyond to start it off. Our "guide" for the afternoon was really fun. He is as gay as they come, but super nice, friendly, and helpful. When he released us to do our scanning, he would randomly pop up and say stuff like "I noticed you went with the sterling silver cookware, not that I'm stalking your registry." It was great, because he was totally stalking our registry haha I didn't mind though, he was just doing his job and he had great recommendations for us!

I have so much to do today (like laundry, dropping off and picking up prescriptions for Matthew for his surgery this week (wisdom teeth), cooking dinner, finishing my syllabus, just to name a few) but I'm really looking forward to going to the basketball lottery tonight. My cats are #1 right now and undefeated (18-0 I believe)! This is the first lottery of the season I'm going to and I hope we get really good seats. I'll let you know!

*update*

No tickets for us :(

Memorial Hall was packed with students. Every student gets a number, and there are 50 of each number. They randomly list the numbers, and that is the order students are called to buy tickets. There were five columns with roughly 30 groups in each column. We were towards the end of the second column, so we figured we still had a chance. Unfortunately, the announced there were no more lower-level tickets when they were still calling numbers from the first column! We knew we would get nose-bleed tickets if we stayed, so we just left. Oh well.

On a brighter note, I got a phone call today from one of the vendors at a bridal show I went to a few weeks ago. It was a DJ service that I really liked, and I was a winner of their drawing! I get $100 off if I decide to go with them. Since I was seriously considering them before I found out I won, I think I have definitely decided. I'm so excited, and every bit of money saved helps!!

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Congratulations on winning the lottery for DJ!! (I never win anything...booo!)

Oh wow... shopping is always fun! I always get lost in the kitchen section of any store. Plus having a guy stalk your registry is another bonus! lol

I hope you get the desired weight results!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena