March 17, 2010

Inspired.

I have found myself lately with my nose stuck to the computer screen drooling over design blogs. You see, Matthew and I are renting our apartment, so I never thought it could be "pretty" since we do not have too much say in the structure. These design blogs have shown me just how wrong I was.  I have decided that if I'm going to have to live in this apartment for at least another year, I want it to be something I can be proud of.  We have called our landlord to get permission to paint, but until then I  have a few other ideas. I plan on posting pics of my progress.  Keep in mind it will be a very long process, so if you don't see something for a while, that just means I had to put it on the back burner while school or something of that sort becomes a priority.

Anywho, we went to Big Lots today (LOVE it) to scout out some goodies. Oh boy did I find something cool! Part of the remodeling process is redoing my bedroom. The. entire. thing. (I did that just for you Raji!! hahaha). I plan on painting my furniture black, and hopefully painting the walls a pretty lavender color. We will see how that goes.  Anyway, back on track, my computer desk is a disaster. I just don't have a lot of desk space since my computer desk is a corner unit. I had my pens and such in cups sitting next to my computer tower, but my new discovery solves that problem. Check these out :)
Aren't these adorable?!?  I LOVE them :) (BTW, yeah, I know they are a little crooked. Gives them character. And I'm just too lazy to try to fix it...)

So now I have everything I need close to me without taking up valuable desk space! 

I'm going to add a special link list to the side for the design blogs I read, just in case you want in. The Nester is having a lot of really cool giveaways right now, so go check it out!

2 comments:

Tara Johnson said...

I love it! There's so many cool things you can do to really change up a room. I have been watching a lot of HGTV design shows to get ideas. I especially like the little things you can do and the DIY projects. Thanks for sharing, and keep 'em coming!

Brahmin in Boston said...

Oh my my! I love these ideas!

Hahah... I am still doing the cleaning and reorganizing thing. HGTV is my fave and my guilty pleasure.

Thanks for the links I am needing it desperately! I started out reorganizing thinking the same - if we are going to live here for more than a year better do something which we like.

Love your ideas and please keep 'em coming!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena