December 4, 2010

Christmas Craft.

I've been eager to try my hand at some crafts showing up on the interwebs here lately.  This craft came from Beneath My Heart and is a fantastic idea! It can be used for any occasion, not just Christmas. She made a pillow out of a place mat!

The entire project took roughly thirty minutes (I was on the phone at the same time. Oh yeah, I can multitask!) and cost around $4.
I bought this place mat at Big Lots for super cheap. It goes perfectly with my color scheme for the year and I knew it would look super cute as a decorative pillow.
 I used cuticle scissors to cut about 5 inches of threading from a seam on the side.  I bought a small bag of filling at a craft store and just stuffed away! The bag I bought was just shy of being enough, but it works. When I make another pillow, I'll be sure to get more filling. 
When it was stuffed, I used some red threat and restitched the seam.  The material made it easy because I could still see the holes from the previous threading.  I did it by hand.. no nifty sewing machine for me.  I love my little Santa pillow and he is oh so comfy and adorable on my couch!

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Look at you, you crafty miss!

I love the reds and the greens during the Christmas time! The pillow looks so cute!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena