January 20, 2011

Overwhelmed.

My schedule for the week is literally packed to the brim Tuesday-Thursday. This semester is going to totally kick my butt.

I got a new practicum site for the semester working with adult education. I think it will be a really great experience. At the moment I have three problems, though, with the site... one of which will be settled within the next week. The other two, unfortunately, are permanent.
  1. Location. My site is 60 miles from my house, so roughly 48 minutes. Not amazing, but bearable. Unfortunately, it is an hour and ~8 minutes from campus, which is where I'll be heading to/from most of the week to/from my site. Oh the joys of being a grad student.
  2. Scheduling. They are only open during 3 1/2 hour blocks and only available for me three days of the week. One of those days I'm unavailable so I have to squeeze my time driving back and forth two days of the week. (one of those days I have to make the trip twice!). Because of the conflicts, I will not have all my hours by the end of the semester so I'll have to make it up over the summer. yay.
  3. Because the site works with the school system, I have to get a background check, med exam, and a TB test. triple yay. I can't get a hold of anyone about the background check, and my doctor can't get me in until next Friday for an exam. I was planning on starting next week but I can't start until I have all of the above. Ugh.
Other than these things I think I will get an excellent experience this semester and am excited to begin. And the site can't help any of these things so I'm not blaming anyone. I just worry I've bitten off too much. This semester I'm teaching 5 sections of the intro psych class (5 sections is standard for a full TA position) along with taking 3 classes, all of which have required readings that I'll actually be held accountable for. Thank goodness I get a three day weekend each week and only have one class on Mondays!  My Outlook calendar is scary looking at the moment so it is very overwhelming, but I know I need to take things one day at a time and eventually I'll get through it.

I found this prayer online and it is one I'm going to need to pray a lot this semester!!
Dear Heavenly Father,

 Thank you for being the God who never sleeps. Thank you for always being here for me, even when I'm not always here for you. Thank you that you are Love and that you want the very best for me. Thank you for your promises and that you never change. I am feeling totally overwhelmed. Please help me. Help me to rest in the fact that you know what is best for me. Forgive me for turning away from you and trying to control the outcome in situations in my life. The Bible says that you are not the God of confusion but of peace. Help me to rest in your love and to feel the peace of Christ which passes all understanding. Help me to feel your love and comfort. Help me to be still and know that you are God and that you will take care of me, just like any loving parent takes care of their children. Your Word says to cast all of our anxiety on you because you care for us. I turn all of my burdens and concerns over to you. Please guide my every step and help me to be attentive to your loving direction.

In the name of your Son and our Savior Jesus,
Amen

Matthew 19:26- "But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"

I don't know about you, but I feel better :)

4 comments:

Priya Shankar said...

aww Kirsty! Good luck!! Keep your mind on the prize though, because I'm sure once you are done with this tough set of classes you'll have some amazing new knowledge and skills. I'm just about to start a really tough path too -I'm nervous, but also, so excited... I think we all suprise ourselves with how much we actually are capable of doing!

Brahmin in Boston said...

You are SO back! :D

Glad to see you again!

But I know how you feel with the stress and all. But I will tell you one thing - you will be a happy person once you break it off with Mr. Stress... LOL

Good luck with everything!

SGRMSE. said...

loved this entry (:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Hello??

You've got awards over at my blog!!

Where are you, btw?! *crickets*

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena