Allow me to start today's post by saying how much I love my dog. I really, really do. But today... I'm not feeling the love so much.
I mean, look at this adorable furry face! How can anyone stay mad at him for any amount of time?! Ugh.
So it all started with a walk. Porter is a little feisty today so I thought a walk would help calm him down. I got his harness and leash on him, put my phone in my pocket and out the door we went. First, I should tell you that we have one of the automatic plastic leash holders with the wire leash. Connected to the handle is a little plastic holder that has his poop bags in it. Alrighty, back to the story. So we get a couple of houses down and he squats to do his business. I clean it up and we continue. Some of the neighbors were doing yardwork so we said hi and continued on our trek. We get about five houses down and he squats again. OK... so I grab another bag and squat down to pick it up.
*side note: Hubs and I did day one of the 30 day shred yesterday so my legs and butt are killing me*
While painfully squatting down to clean up his poop Porter decides to tug on his leash which flew out of my hand. No big deal I think, it has happened before. I grab his mess, and pick up the pieces of the baggy holder that popped apart (as it usually does when it hits the sidewalk). I call to Porter who starts running. I kind of laugh thinking he is just playing. Then I realize he isn't listening to me and he takes off running back toward the house. I start chasing him and he starts screaming at the top of his little puppy lungs. You see, the plastic handle of his leash was dragging behind him. The faster he ran, the louder it go, the more it scared him, so the faster he ran. The neighbors tried to catch him and looked at me with horrified eyes as if I had just beat him. I finally caught up to him when the leash got hung on our next-door-neighbors car tire. As I bent down to get his leash loose and pick him up my phone fell out of my pocket and the cover popped off. Go figure.The other neighbor opened the door and asked if he was OK. I had to explain that my poor dog just freaked himself out with his own leash. I was out of breath.
So now I'm sitting on the couch completely unable to move either leg. Porter is fine and I am completely embarrassed and afraid to go outside. Oh what a day.
April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh lordy! This is hilarious...
Dogs are a source of endless entertainment.
Hahaha...
I hope your legs are ok! Muscle pain is a sonofabitch!
Glad you enjoyed it! My legs still hurt but I'm adjusting. I need to do day two, but at this point it will be three days late lol
LOL. You will get over the pain soon :)
Thanks for offering to send me the Mary Kay primer. Aren't ya the sweetest bloggy buddy!?
The same thing happened to me about a month ago. Only, Pilates and a Cocker Spaniel were the culprits. Why is it that whenever you do a hard workout is whenever you need the most strength to do anything the next few days?
Sara
Hi Sara!
I wish I knew so I could plan accordingly! Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't exercise? haha!
Post a Comment