It is no secret that my weight is an issue. It's been a common topic here on the blog. Some posts I'm celebrating a loss... others, well, not so much.
Basically I'm fed up. I'm fed up with my weight gain. I'm fed up with my lack of self control. I'm fed up with not being able to fit into my clothes. I'm fed up with weighing the most I've ever weighed (wow it really hurt to type those words). Just plain old fed up!
So now I have started a new weight loss journey. A few weeks ago I entered a couple of giveaways. Like many blog followers I did not expect to win anything. I think I entered about five different ones. Well, I actually won one. I was so excited! I won a free ebook titled "The 21 Day Fast Diet" (click the link for more info) and a free month of working with a personal trainer. I put the book on my Kindle and read it in one sitting. I was so inspired by Susie's journey on the diet. I also got in touch with Tatum, my trainer. She sent me a personalized workout routine to be done at least twice a week. She also sent me some guidelines about my sleeping habits and my calorie intake.
I started the diet on Wednesday. Here is my journey so far.
Day 1- The first phase is a sugar fast. I woke up cranky and hungry. There was NO food in the house. I drank some water and had an apple. My wonderful hubby gave me some grocery money so I journeyed out to Wally World to pick up some grub. First, let me say there is sugar in EVERYTHING!!! No wonder the whole world is diabetic. I did find some things though, and I went home to have lunch. I finished day one successfully with no sugar and no caffeine. The only problem was I didn't meet my calorie guideline. I was really really under it.
Day 2- I woke up on time (!!!) and felt great. I made breakfast for Matthew and I (2 scrambled eggs each with a wedge each of laughing cow cheese). I got ready for work and left feeling pretty good. When I got to work, something changed. I started getting a headache and I got really mean. I am embarrassed by how bad I acted. You see, with the sugar fast I can't have ANY sugar, including sugar substitute. That means no diet soda. I don't like unsweet tea and I barely drink coffee with a ton of sugar in it. There was NO way I was going to drink it without any. I figured while I was sugar fasting I would just go on and quit caffeine. So basically, caffeine withdrawal is no joke. I went out for my lunch break and broke my fast. I had a large diet coke, a grilled chicken sandwich and some fries. I felt so much better that evening and still managed to keep within my calorie guidelines.
Day 3- I decided to allow myself one soda a day. I still wanted to reduce my sugar intake but not stress about it. I had the same breakfast as before and grabbed a soda on my way to pick up my MIL. She had a procedure done so I took her and stayed with her. I didn't have the healthiest lunch... but I did make better choices for dinner. This was probably the only day I had all three meals, so it's a start.
Day 4- I overslept this morning. By overslept I mean I didn't get up until 3pm. Ugh!! I had a meal of random goodies (triscuits, snack cheese, banana, and carrots) and have been pretty lazy most of the day. I started getting cranky again and getting my headache so I went out to get a soda. I'm not keeping them in the house so I won't be tempted to have more than one. I have had about 4 glasses of water though.
Overall I have noticed I have more energy except for today. I have lost around 3 lbs!! I'm paying more attention to what I put into my body and how much of it. I'm keeping track of calories and portions and eating more fruits and veggies. I'm using my fitness pal to document everything. I'm feeling like I can actually lose the weight and keep it off this time. I have the *free* resources this time compared to previous times when I had to pay for everything. I can't wait to feel comfortable in my own skin again and fit back into my size 6 pants.
February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is wonderful, Kirsty! I am so glad that you have so much resources at your disposal which you can use for this purpose.
What I have figured out for myself is that the best way to keep off the weight AND eat less is to cook at home. The smell will satiate you because of which you end up eating less (and eating healthy) and at the same time you know what you are eating! :)
Thanks! I'm finding the same thing. That was what had me. I was eating out way too much due to a busy schedule. It is worth it, though, to make time to fix a meal and snacks at home instead. I can lose weight and save money all at the same time :)
Post a Comment