March 21, 2012

Long day.

I know we have all had those moments where we do something, stop, and then think to ourselves "did I REALLY just do that?"

You know how I know? Because I had one of them today.

Porter has been sick the last 24 hours so I called our vet to see what I should do.  They suggested I go ahead and bring him in.  Since they were closing within the half hour I had to head straight out the door.  While I was on the phone, my boss was calling me.  I got Porter ready in his harness and leash, grabbed my purse, and fought with my phone to call back my boss.  I turned the lock, closed the door, shook the handle to make sure it was locked, and that's when that moment I was talking about hit me.

There were no keys in my hand. Only a purse, dog leash, and a cell phone.

OMG.

I really just locked myself out of my own house. I looked into the living room window and Alice is just sitting on the sill watching me. I think she was laughing at me, really.

Luckily it was a really nice day.  I made some phone calls knowing good and well that the only other person with a key was at least an hour away at work. My amazing father-in-law showed up with a full keychain of random keys, hoping one of them might have been the spare we gave my brother-in-law for our honeymoon and haven't seen since. No such luck.

To make a long story short, I rescheduled Porter's appointment for 8am tomorrow morning (that's gonna be rough...) and hung out with my FIL and his dog Riley until Matthew was able to get off work to rescue me.

Oh boy what a day.

I did manage to have a little photoshoot with Porter and Riley while my FIL was in Wal-mart. Enjoy :)



2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Your knight in shining armor! He rescued you with a key!! :D I had locked myself out couple of times out when I was in India because doors there lock automatically. Fortunately (knock on wood) it is not so in my current apt! LOL

Omg! I am in love with Riley! I like big dogs... and how awesome is his smile?

Kirsty said...

I know! Our doors do not lock automatically but I always lock it from the inside as we leave. I guess I should stop doing that and start locking it with the key from the outside so I don't lock myself out again!

Riley is a fun dog. she is sooo smart and she loves Porter so much. She is usually afraid of the camera so I was lucky to get the pics I did :)

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena