When Matthew and I moved into our house, we were super busy... especially considering we did it a month before our wedding! Considering everything going on, we didn't get around to changing any of the landscaping. We had those horrible shrubs lining the front of the house and a dead tree in the front yard.
The tree was torn down last summer. However, the shrubs stayed.
At least until this past Friday.
My wonderful daddy came down to help me do some landscaping. My father is seriously the most amazing daddy ever! We started by weed-eating around the house and gathering some dead grass. We moved on to digging up all but 3 of the shrubs (and found some interesting slug-lizard mutant hybrid critters in the process... we think they were skinks but not entirely sure..). Once that was finished, we went to the store to pick up some flowers. I had an idea of what I wanted and dad assured me they would grow big enough to fill out the flowerbeds. We got 18 impatiens in 4 different colors, some potting soil, and some black mulch. We also made a pit stop at the new Burger King in town and had lunch :)
Once we made it back we dug holes, planted flowers, mulched the beds, and watered everything. He also took down our Christmas lights (yes.. they were still up).
The house looks SO much better! We still need to plant a tree and treat the yard for weeds but I'm so much happier when I drive up to the house! So tell me, what do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh that looks so pretty!!
The time that I was in your house had gone by like a breeze! So I don't remember the lay out. But the front looks so very manicured! Kudos to father-daughter duo :)
Thanks! I love it sooo much better! I can't wait for you to see it again :)
My daddy is the best! I'm so glad I had his help. I would have never been able to do it without him.
Post a Comment