This entry is in response to an article on MSN based on ASUS' new line of laptops (Catch the article here for backup information). The new computers come in four colors, with each color corresponding to a different scent. How amazing is that? I mean, I don't even know where to start, except that I am slightly jealous that my new ASUS Eee pc does not have a smell....As a psych major, I am pretty sure that some I/O psychologist came up with the idea. We have learned in class that different things can have an effect on the decisions we make. For example, colors (and scents) can change the way we think or feel. Purchasing a laptop based on the scent it produces is really a genius idea. Of course no one is going to buy one thinking "this scent triggers certain things in my brain making me want to purchase it," but deep down inside it is the truth. Plus, how cool would it be to have a "type-n-sniff" for a computer? Just think about it... no more smelly classmates. Just open up the computer, and become surrounded by an "earthy musk" or flowers instead of your neighbors BO. Or better yet, no worries if you are the smelly classmate (hey, I know sometimes it's hard to wake up for the 8am class... showers don't always take priority lol).
Apparently availability and prices are not known at the moment. It will be interesting to see how these little "stinkers" (hahahaha sorry, couldn't resist) do in stores.

0 comments:
Post a Comment