October 23, 2008

I'm not obsessed.... well, maybe a little....

Since I finished reading the books, I can't stop thinking about them! It's a little scary actually. I spent those two weeks living vicariously through Bella Swan, and now all I can do is keep wishing Matthew would turn into Edward, and everything I hear or see I can relate to Twilight. Poor Matthew is so annoyed with me! I'm sure he will get over it eventually, but he will definitely have to wait a couple of months after the movie is released....

I think the reason I am so in love with these books is because of the story of true love between Edward and Bella. It is every girl's dream to find a man that will risk his life for her, and love her truly and unconditionally. We want to be the damsel in distress who finds her prince charming, and this is exactly what happens in these books. Edward says all the right things at all the right times, and is the perfect example of what a man should be to the woman that he loves. It has actually made me reassess my relationship with Matthew (as sad as that may seem). Luckily, I have come to the conclusion that Matthew is not that far off from Edward, and he even has some of the better properties of Jacob as well (2 for 1!). So here is why Matthew is my Edward(or Jacob):
  1. He is pale, and has fangs. I know Edward doesn't have fangs, but at least give me that much lol.
  2. He does sweet random things that remind me why I fell in love with him in the first place. Exhibit A is the beautiful bouquet of roses he brought home for me this weekend when I was in a sour mood. He also leaves me cute voicemails when he goes to lunch. It's no "take care of my heart I've left it with you" but it will do.
  3. He is absolutely in love with me, and I'm pretty sure that he would do whatever it would take to keep me safe, even battle a hoard of vampires if so necessary. Also, he has already told me that he refuses to live without me. (it's scary actually, but for this purpose it pushes him towards the Edward side....)
  4. He is always running a temperature. He just naturally runs hotter than the regular 98.1. He isn't quite a "toasty 108.9" but I would be scared out of my mind if he ran that kind of a temperature.
  5. He is fuzzy.. at least when he doesn't shave he kinda looks like a wolfman.
Alright, so these may not be the best, and Matthew may not be an Edward, but he is mine and that is enough for me (for the moment at least :D )

In summary, I really enjoyed this book series (as if that wasn't obvious already). Curiosity made me start reading them, but the story kept me interested. I have a pretty short attention span when it comes to books, and it really says something when I can get through a book in less than 24 hours.

0 comments:

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena