March 27, 2009

Fairwell

It was released today that the University of Kentucky is "dismissing" head basketball coach Billy Gillespie. I honestly was not sure which way they would go. We had a HORRIBLE season, but it was only his second year. I thought they might give him another year or so... but I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset. It just was not what I expected.

University of Kentucky basketball is one of the prides of Kentucky. Our team use to rule the court. Even with Tubby at his worst, we still made it to the NCAA tournament. This season? This season we did not make it to the tournament, and only made it to the second round of the NIT. P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C! There is something seriously wrong when three schools from Kentucky make it the NCAA, and UK is not one of them. UofL, Morehead, and Western Kentucky University made it. Louisville is the number one seed for our division... what the heck is happening here?!? Obviously, there are serious issues that need to be addressed. All of the articles that I have read have stated that hiring Billy G. was a hasty decision. Maybe the committee has learned its lesson, and will find a proper coach for good 'ol UK Bball. History will repeat itself.... eventually. Until then, I do wish Billy G. the best of luck in whatever he pursues next. He has a rough road ahead of him....

4 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

It is a tough situation indeed for everyone. People have to show that they can do it, that they have the capabilities. Else, lose their jobs to someone else more capable - some one who can bring in more wins, who can bring in more profits, do more work etc.

Darn it economy is being tough on every one!!
Lets hope it gets better for Billy G.

Young Traveler said...

I know absolutely nothing about this topic, but I do know that getting fired sucks (or so I hear).

Brahmin in Boston said...

I totally agree with you!

He will be sucked in to this Twilight Saga before the end of the book :-) But till them I have to keep reminding him that I yet have to finish the chapter!!

I was thinking of bribing him to sit still till I finish reading - I have quite good ideas about bribing LOL!!!

Brahmin in Boston said...

Dude!!!! You wouldn't believe it!!!!

I showed your comments to DH and he was like - ok cool!! If dudes do like it then I have no problem!!!

LOL!
:-D

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena