So I guess it is official. I am a graduate student. wow.
It didn't really hit me today until the 9 of us first-year counseling masters people were sitting in class discussing why people change and why theories are important. The class is 2.5 hours long. Undergraduate classes are typically 50 minutes long on Wednesdays, so about 50mins into our class the undergrads walked by the door talking on their way to wherever it is that they need to go. The moment just felt so adult to me. Maybe its one of those had-to-be-there things.
My new job is kicking my butt. I don't see how people do it on an everyday basis! I will never underestimate the powers of an office manager... like, ever. I have two claims that were denied that I must fight (both of which have happened before!). It is a mess, and there is so much to do. It is intimidating and I have never done work like this before. It doesn't help that I was pretty much thrown into the fire with only 6 hours of training for a job it took the previous office manager three years to master. It will be a good experience for me though. Perhaps I need to learn that it is ok to make mistakes. Better to learn this lesson now than later I guess.
Part of me still wants to move back home and pretend I'm still 13.... Being an adult isn't as much fun as I had thought it would be.
August 26, 2009
I'm an adult... when did that happen and how do I make it stop?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hahahh! I do feel your pain Kristy!
I am still waiting for the batteries to charge so that I can download the pictures to my laptop.
Then you can see how my life has been :-)
Hang in there!
Thank you thank you!!
That plant was given as a gift to me by my boss on the Administrative Assistant's day :-)
I have tried to make the office as cute & cozy as possible. After all I spend 1/3rd of my day there!!
:-)
Post a Comment