First, I want to apologize for not giving my Wed. Hotness post as promised yesterday... I'm horrible, please forgive me...
Now that that is out of the way...
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did. I have sooo much to be thankful for. I am thankful for a loving and caring God who blesses me on a daily basis, even when I don't deserve it. I'm thankful for my friends, both here with me and my wonderful bloggy friends. I'm thankful for my huge, but fantastic family which is continuing to grow. I am thankful for a beautiful day to spend with Matthew, his family, and my family.
I have been concerned over the past few weeks that this holiday season would be miserable. The main reason for that is I have not had a holiday season without George since I was 7. Putting up the tree tomorrow and finding the ornament I made with his pawprint years ago is going to be hard. Luckily, Matthew has made it so that I will never look back on this season with only sadness. He has given me something to look forward to.
This morning, he took me to Cove Springs before going to his parents for dinner. We walked down one of the trails to the same place we shared our first kiss. After re-enacting that kiss, he grabbed my hand and said "well, since I have you here..."
He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I couldn't answer at first. He stood up, and I just grabbed him in a big hug and cried! Of course I said yes. We could hardly get the ring on my finger because he was so nervous and I was too busy crying. It was the perfect moment and the perfect proposal; even better than I imagined it! It was also so much fun telling our families!
In case you are wondering, he did get THE ring :) The same one I posted about earlier. I LOVE it! I will put pics up a little later.
I still have some family to tell on Sunday, so if we are friends on facebook, please do not put anything on there until I do. I want to surprise them, and they are on fb.
So tell me about your Thanksgiving. How was it? How much time did you spend in a turkey-induced coma? haha No matter what you did, I hope it was a fantastic day :)
November 26, 2009
Thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment