So today was my first day as a teacher at UK! Well, a teaching assistant, but whatevs. I have my own lab to teach, and during that lab I get to show the poor unsuspecting undergrads how to write research papers and proposals in APA style. It will be a pain to grade everything, but it will be excellent experience. My class today was just to go over the syllabus and do introductions. It lasted approximately 15 minutes.... oops. They were not a talkative bunch and didn't ask questions. I even did an icebreaker, but that went really fast too. I don't think they minded too much though haha and I was happy to get home early to look after Matthew.
Oh yeah, on my walk on campus back to my car, I saw this creature scurrying across the lawn...

Yep. I saw an opposum on campus in broad daylight. I thought they were nocturnal? Of course the one I saw was real... this one happens to be a Webkinz, which apparently the only place you can find a Webkinz opposum is at Cracker Barrel. How do I know this you ask? Because I bought one. Yep. I bought a stuffed opposum at Cracker Barrel. For my dad. It's still hanging by its tail from the ceiling fan in his living room. Don't believe me? Here's proof:
And don't ask me why I bought my dad an opposum. Sometimes, it's just better not to know...

1 comments:
OMG hahahahahhaahh!!!! That looks, um, kinda scary and eeeeks!!!
The family jokes are awesome - only the ones involved understand it...!
I am so glad that you are relieved that Matthew is OK now. I would have recorded some of the funny antics that he would have done! But again that's just me!
CONGRATS on the first day of teaching!! How was it? Jittery feeling? Nervous? Calm? How was it????
Post a Comment