October 21, 2010

Man's Best Friend

I'm taking a small break from the 30 day challenge.  Don't fret, though. As usual I will make up all my missed posts this weekend :)

I mentioned in one of my challenge posts that we may be adding a furry addition to our little family.  Nothing is set in stone at this moment, but we are one step closer to making that happen. 

We have spent the past month talking about getting a pet.  I am definitely a cat person, but Matthew's allergies are worse with cats than dogs.  He had originally told me I could have a cat but after many conversations with other people about how awful it would be of me to let a cat in the house knowing it would make him sick I decided that wasn't going to work.  We discussed compromising, and he mentioned he would be ok with a dog like my dad's dog Oscar. So I've been looking for Shih Tzu puppies for the past two weeks.  I have sent multiple emails with no responses, except for one. I thought this person was giving away puppies in Frankfort (at least that's what the ad said).  When I emailed him to meet up to see the puppies, he informed me he lives in Miami and wanted to know when I would come down to pick one up or that he could have it to me in a day.  Apparently he's not above FedEx-ing a puppy... But I am. No way I was going to do that! 

So anyway, I finally got in contact with a breeder.  I know, I know, I would prefer to not get it from a breeder as well, but due to his allergies we have to be certain of the breed of the dog.  If it's not purebred and mixed with a breed that is not hypoallergenic he could have a reaction.  Anyway (again) we are going to meet a little puppy on Sunday who will be ready to come home with us next weekend should we be able to get him! His name is Porter and he is adorable! I'll let you know on Sunday how the meeting goes.  I'm really hoping to have good news for you! The picture below is from their website :)

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Pupppppyyyyyy!!!!!

I love them! Oh how I wish he was there when I was visiting you!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena