At the unit meeting last night one of the ladies talked about shopping for outfits. She made this statement, and of course I'm paraphrasing, but it really stuck with me:
If you own any clothing that doesn't make you feel attractive, sexy, and good about yourself then get rid of it! It's not doing you any good and you don't need it!She is totally right. I have so many clothes I don't wear hoping one day they will look good. Chances are though, if they don't look good now they aren't going to look good. Good clothes should make you feel good about yourself, no matter what your body shape or size! How refreshing that statement is!
So I've been digging through my closet and drawers the past two days. With each piece of clothing I ask myself, "how do I feel when I wear this?" If the answer is less than "beautiful" I put it in a bag for donation. I look forward to the day when I have the funds to replace these donations with clothes that make me feel like a rockstar!
What I have learned from this is purging is necessary... not just in clothing but in every aspect of life. Why should we keep things or people around that bring us down and make us feel bad about ourselves? Life is just way too short for that!


2 comments:
Ah one of the gems of wisdom!
I agree whole-heartedly with that statement and that is precisely the reason why I have deleted some people from my FB account and also not accepted friend request of few others. Life is way too short to worry about the people who pass judgement.
I am currently purging my closet as my sis is one size smaller than I am. Since some of the BEAUTIFUL clothes don't fit me any more, she gets it. Urgh!
My sis and I are always alternating sizes as we each gain and lose weight so we do the same thing with our clothes :) It sucks though when she's the smaller one lol
Post a Comment