January 11, 2009

Some "us" Time

What better way to relax from a long day that hanging out on the couch with your honey? Matthew and I decided a couple of weeks ago to spend some "us"time together for a little bit each day.

What do we do during this "us" time you may ask?

Why, read Twilight of course! (c'mon... I know you saw that coming!)

We cuddled on the couch, and I read Twilight to him. We tried to read at least one chapter a night, and occassionaly we read two, but last night I read 5 chapters so we could finish it. Seriously, that book gets better and better each time I read it (up to 3 now...). He seemed to really enoy it. The only downside is I got him to see the movie with me again in an attempt to make him like it, and I failed. After reading (or listening to I guess you could say) the book, he was super critical of the movie for all the things they left out. Oh well.

Of course that wasn't the main reason for reading it. I really enjoyed that time we could spend together. I have gotten lost in the Twilight world many times, but this time I got to take him with me. We laughed together, and awwed together while we went through the complexities of first love and a romance like Edward's and Bella's. I'm excited to continue on through the rest of the journey, hand in hand with Matthew. Now, all I need is my copy of New Moon returned to me, and we will be good to go!

4 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Hey Kristy!

Just like you are reading Twilight to your man I am rereading Harry Potter - 6th book to my man! :-D

BiB

Brahmin in Boston said...

Hello again!

I was just reading through your old post "I'm not obsessed.... well, maybe a little...." and I found that I have had several moment like that in my reading life too - specially after reading Nora Roberts' "Irish Trilogy - Jewels of the Sun". Damn those heroes!!

I dunno wether you are an avid reader or avid "Twilight reader" but try reading the above mentioned book. I kept grinning the whole day...

Long comment!
BiB

Anonymous said...

wow! I don't think I could get my fiance to read Harry Potter or Twilight.

Actually, I don't think I could get myself to read them.

I am trying to avoid them like the plague. ☺

Brahmin in Boston said...

haha yeah comments is kinda cool... :-D

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena