July 12, 2009

I'm back!

I took a little bloggy-vacation. Hope you don't mind! Sometimes you just need a break.

Anywhoodle, we have much to catch up on! This past Wednesday was a very interesting (in a good way) day. Before I get into it though, I need to back up a couple of days.

I am listed on a listserv for counseling psychology for school. A little while ago an email popped up about an office manager position for a private practice psychological firm downtown. I ignored it because the work schedule listed clashed with my class schedule. About a month later, the email appeared again because the position hadn't been filled. Without an assistantship, I really needed a job, so I sent an email with my class schedule asking if I could still be considered. I got an email within the next week asking if I could come in for an interview on Wednesday. I agreed.

So now you are all caught up... So Wednesday I went to work, then left early to come home and get ready. I had bought a new outfit because I really didn't have any interview clothes. I show up and soon realize that I was WAY overdressed. The business is located in an old house downtown. I was instantly nervous as I walked in and heard Cher's "Believe" in the background. Eeek. Twas all good though. I finally got to meet with the current office manager, and eventually the two doctors I would in theory be working with. I won't get into detail, but at the end of the interview they told me I would know something within a week and that it "looked promising." An hour later I got a phone call telling me I got the position! It will keep me busy, but it will be worth it for the experience at least.

More good news from Wednesday started with an email to the professor I worked with as a research assistant. I emailed him before my interview to ask if I could use him as a reference. He told me "of course" and also that he was able to secure a grader position for me! I got a job and an assistantship all in one day! The grader position isn't much, but it is a foot in the door at least so hopefully I can get a better (or at least higher paying) position next semester :)

So that is what has been happening here within the last week. I finished another book, so I think I will have that review tomorrow. I will also hopefully have some more really good news for you tomorrow, but you will just have to weight and see....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Brahmin in Boston said...

Yay!!! I am on a bloggy vacay too... (as you could see!)

But I am sosososo glad for you!

All the best for your job!

Woot woot!

Thomas said...

Welcome back!

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena