November 6, 2009

Rant

I hope you are ready for it, cause boy do I have a big rant right now.

Today I gave in and went to the doctor. I have a sinus infection and the beginnings of bronchitis (surprise surprise) so he gave me a script for an antibiotic, a script for cough syrup, a sample of a nose spray, and recommended MucinexD. That is a lot of meds to take, but whatever gets this junk out of my system.

So Matthew and I went to Kroger to get my prescriptions filled. The lady said it would take about thirty minutes, so we went ahead and grabbed some stuff for dinner tonight. I paid for our groceries and went to get my medicine about half an hour later (like a good customer). My meds were not ready. She said "you have two of them right?" I answered yes, and she told me it would be a few more minutes. OK, whatevs. We walked around for a little bit longer until I decided it had been long enough. We went back up to the counter and she found my little white bag. I also had to get my Mucinex there (it must have that stuff in it like Sudaphed that people can make Meth out of or something cause you can't just get it off the shelf). It took a little time, but I finally paid for my stuff and we left. On the way home, I decided to make sure my insurance card was in the bag. That was when I noticed it.... they didn't give me my cough syrup! We had to turn around and go back. The lady wouldn't even look as us until she had to, and when I told her I didn't get my syrup she just stared at me like I was crazy! Apparently it wasn't ready yet, so we had to sit down and wait for it. I was sooo frustrated. She knew I had two meds to pick up, yet she only gave me one. I gave them the scripts at the exact same time with the cough syrup one on top as well! No excuse!!!! Also, the entire time we were waiting, this one women was being a total B to one of the other pharmacists in front of all of us customers. I really do not think I will every take my prescriptions back there!! So an hour and a half after dropping off my prescriptions, we finally made it out the door to go home.

I took the Mucinex (two horse pills) and then my antibiotic (one horse pill the size of the tip of my index finger). I still have another pill to take (one I have been taking regularly for a while now) and my cough syrup. I feel like a dealer!!! I also have to miss volunteering at the football game tomorrow. I'm disappointed, but I also have a bunch of school work to do. I think it will all work out in the end.

Sorry for the rant! Once I start feeling better I will have better posts. Pinky promise :)

1 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Awwww its ok! You have a reason to throw such a fit! That was bad!!

First of all you were sick and on top of that you had to wait for so long... I would have given up and gone home and just asked DH to pick up the meds for me.

As for the pills they don't matter to me anymore I have taken so many meds when I was a kid that now I can swallow any sized pill... A fact that I am not thrilled abt!

Feel better!! xoxo

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena