November 9, 2010

Debbie Downer.

I have a fear that I am going to become very sick over the next week or two.  Now, I know that this is slightly irrational, only, it isn't.  You see, last week (Thursday and Friday to be exact) is snowed in Kentucky. Not a huge snow storm and zero accumulation, but still fluffy flakes falling from the sky.  Today, however, was in the low 70s temperature wise.  That's a four day difference, and ridiculous for November! My sinuses can only take so much and this change from hot to cold to hot back to cold is not helping!

In other, more serious news, I've had a pretty rough semester emotionally.  Just when I think I'm pulling myself out of a slump something else comes around that knocks me right back into it.  At the moment I am working on a paper/presentation due tomorrow.  Unfortunately, the subject is a sensitive one due to recent events.  Due to confidentiality constraints I cannot discuss details, but basically I screwed up (so did my supervisor, but I should have known better).  I have what I need for the paper, but typing up all this information is a constant reminder of my mess up and how much it affected another person.  It kills me that I didn't think about what I was really doing and made the assumption that everything was ok.  I guess what they say about making assumptions is true.  I just need to get this paper done and the presentation over with, but that is so difficult when I'm being so hard on myself. 

It doesn't help either that I miss my husband so much.  When I get in these slumps it always helps to have him around.  I hardly get to see him except for a couple of minutes in the morning and maybe a half hour in the evenings before one of us goes to bed.  Being so close to the holidays doesn't help because his hours are longer and later during the holidays.  What I would give for him to have a regular hour job... you know, Monday through Friday, 8-4:30 or whatever.  I would absolutely LOVE to have a full day with him, or to even be able to make plans for a weekend or an evening without having to worry about his work schedule.  Two months of marriage and I still feel like we are dating because we are hardly ever together. DO. NOT. LIKE!

Well, this turned into a rant... I guess I needed to vent.  Now back to work on this stupid paper.

2 comments:

Brahmin in Boston said...

Oh no!!!

I hope you are ok! *hugs* We all make mistakes. I too have messed up big time in my work but you know what - it works out in the end. It always does.

I really hope Matthew gets more time to spend with you. :)

Brahmin in Boston said...

I know how much you like reading and judging the by the book that you gave me in the care package and our similar tastes - The Juliet Club will be just the thing you would want :D

© Life's Little Adventures, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena